The Complete Web Development RoadMap- 2021
Hey there 👋, I hope you are doing great in 2021. I am sure you all have already made your goals by now and if one of your goals is to become a Web Developer in 2021 then I have something great to share with you, the 2021 Web Developer RoadMap.
The RoadMap is also divided into 3 sections:
- Common Skills
You can either learn Front-end or Back-end or both, depending upon your choice. But if you want to become a FullStack Web developer then you have to learn both front-end and back-end, there is no escaping there. So that you can build the whole webapp.
Must learn skills for either path
Here's where you'll start. You can choose either the Front-end or Back-end path below but there are few recommendations in the first column that you must learn, it doesn't matter which path you choose, these are the common things every programmer should know.
Recommended learning for either path:
1. Version Control System: Git One of the most popular version control system. It's just not possible to live without Git anymore. You can check out The Git Complete Guide on Udemy to start with.
2. SSH It allows you to remove login to another host, another popular networking concepts which every web developer should know.
3. HTTP / HTTPS The HTTP protocol is the backbone of web and a good knowledge of both HTTP and HTTPS is mandatory for a web developer
4. Basic Terminal Usage Not just a web developer but for any programmer, the Linux command line is very very important and I strongly recommend you to spend some time to learn them.
5. Data Structures and Algorithms These are the building blocks of any program and better knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structure is key for your next job or doing well on your current job.
6. Character Encodings If you are creating global applications which shows information in many different languages across the world then you should have a good knowledge of character encodings. It basically tells your browser how to show your data.
7. GitHub There is no doubt that every programmer should know Git and Github as they are the standard in terms of version control and code repository. If you want to learn and master Git and Github, you can check these free Git course.
Frontend Developer RoadMap
If you want to become a front-end developer in 2021 then you should follow the below Front-end Developer RoadMap. You should focus on yellow boxes which highlight important things to learn.
Backend Developer RoadMap
If you want to become a back-end developer in 2021 then you can follow this Back-end Developer RoadMap. You can start with yellow boxes which highlight key technologies you need to learn and then grow from there.
That's all about how to become a Web Developer in 2021. This is an excellent resource to start with as it highlights several paths to become the Web developer you always wanted to be.
Though, if you stuck somewhere and if there is any confusion, you can always ask here and we'll try to answer your queries as best as possible.
Thankyou for reading ❤️